7 May 2016

Dosa Waffle with Onion Jam



Who doesn't love Dosa.. I myself am a big fan of this crispy, savoury goodness.. I had the dosa batter ready but then this morning I thought of doing something a bit more creative with it. I made Dosa Waffles.. its crunchy, quick and delicious.. perfect breakfast for a lazy weekend morning!

Ingredients:


Dosa Batter, 1.5 cups
Onion, half finely chopped
Green Chilli, 2 finely chopped
Ginger, 1/2 inch grated
Coriander, 2 tbsp
Ghee to grease
Salt to taste
Black peppercorn, crushed 1 tsp
Red Chili to sprinkle on the top (Optional)

Procedure:


1. Take Dosa Batter and add salt to it.



2. Add in the green chilies and ginger



3. Add in the chopped onions, coriander, black pepper and mix.




4. Turn on your waffle iron and let it warm up. Grease it with some ghee.




5. Pour some batter over the waffle moulds and sprinkle some red chili powder before closing the lid. I like my Dosa quite crispy so I let it sit there a few minutes longer after the light turned green.


6. Plate your dosas and serve them up with some chutney or onion jam and hot coffee! 






No comments:

Post a Comment