Summer is here and so are the mangoes. My family loves mangoes, And by love, I mean, we are in love with this fruit. We wait for mango season all year long and gorge on them every single day of summer. And I try to incorporate it into our various dishes and courses. Mango Cake, Mango Shrikhand for dessert, Mango Kadhi for Mains and so on.
Today we are making Mango Pistachio Cake. I recently organised a Picnic Party and I wanted to make something with the mangoes. I googled and found this wonderful recipe from here. It was a big hit! The beauty of the cake is it is sweetened with mangoes and only takes half a cup of sugar. Its extremely flavorful and pistachios add that perfect bite to each morself of sweet heaven that this cake is.
Pureed Mango - 3/4 cup, I used locally sourced Marathon Mangoes
Peeled and cubed Mango - 1/2 cup
Refined Flour - 1.5 cups + dusting
Unsalted Butter - 1 cup + greasing
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Eggs - 2
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Pistachio soaked overnight - 1/4 cup + topping
1. Ensure all ingredients are at room temperature. Preheat the oven at 360 F. Grease the cake pan using butter and dusting flour. I am using a bundt pan and so placed the pistachios before hand.
2. Let's take a big bowl and cream together sugar and butter. Cream until they light and fluffy. Took me about 12-15 minutes.
3. Now let's start incorporating the eggs, one at a time. Make sure to scrape the sides each time to ensure even blending.
4. Once that is done, add in the vanilla essence and the mango puree. Give it another good blend to mix it all well.
5. Time to put the blender aside. Let's fold in the flour, cubed mango pieces and the pistachios. Combine well.