18 June 2016

SAGO/ SABUDANA VADA



I love fried food.. my weakness, I confess. Sabudana Vada's are on the top of this list. Crispy, crunchy and flavorful.. I like to make them slim to enhance this crustiness. Taste in every bite. They are best had with some spicy coriander mint chutney for breakfast, as a snack or appetizers.

This is how I make it. To preserve the essence of the main ingredients I don't add in the typically added groundnut mixture or dry fruits. I prefer it simply as is! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Ingredients:


Sago/Sabudana pearls, 1 cup
Potatoes, 1 large boiled, peeled and grated
Green Chilies, 1.5 tbsp finely chopped
Fresh Coriander, 2 tbsp, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Black Pepper, grounded, 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder, 1.5 tsp
Oil to shallow fry


Procedure:


1. Rinse the sago in cold water about 2 cups, 3 times. Rinse out all the water. We just want the pearls to be wet but not watery. Leave this for 8-9 hours to soften the pearls. 



2. Heat a pan on medium heat. 


3. To the sago add in the green chilies, coriander, salt, pepper, chili powder, potatoes and salt. Give it a good mix. 




4. Add some oil to the pan. 


5. Mould the mixture into desired shapes and gently place in the pan.





6. Fry until crisp on all side and remove onto paper towel to get rid of the excess oil. 


7. Serve hot with coriander mint chutney!






Note: The trick to getting the perfect vadas is boiling the potatoes right and grating them to avoid any lumps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment