25 October 2016

MUSHROOM SOUP




"Winter is coming" so here I come with this simple, quick and easy Mushroom soup recipe. It is healthy and the most delicious one you've ever had.  My mania for Mushroom Soup began at Skyline Queenstown Stratosfare. They have the yummiest Mushroom Soup I've ever tasted. Earthy, rustic full of flavors. And I had to try the recipe myself when I got home. 

There are a lot of Mushroom Soup recipes out there and I did try a few before I came upon the one I share with you today. This is as close as it gets. I use Wheat Flour instead of Plain Flour as I make this quite often and hence the healthier choice. You can also try substituting the vegetable stock with milk or cream and see what suits your palette the best. 

Recipe Credit: I have followed Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe, except for using Crimini and Bella Mushrooms instead of the White ones.

Ingredients:


Crimini & Bella Mushrooms, 16 oz sliced
Butter, 1 tbsp
Whole Black Pepper, 1 tsp
Bay Leaf, 1
Garlic, 1 tbsp
Onions, 1 finely chopped
Whole Wheat Flour, 2 tbsp
Vegetable Stock, 4 cups
Salt to taste

Procedure:


1. Heat butter in a pan.


2. Add whole black pepper and bay leaf. Saute on medium flame until fragnant. 


3. Add the chopped garlic and saute till brown. 


4. Next throw in the onions and saute them till brown. 



5. Once the onions are done, add in the whole wheat flour. Saute till the rawness of the flour goes away and it turns a light brown. We add flour to give the soup some body. 


6. Time to add the mushrooms. Give it a stir.


7. Season with salt and stir again. 


8. Wait until the mushrooms start oozing out water. 


9. We'll pour in the vegetable stock now.


10. Cover and cook until the mushrooms soften. 


11. Once the mushrooms are cooked, let the soup cool down to room temperature. 


12. Blend the soup roughly using a hand blender.


13. The smoothness or consistency of the soup is entirely upto you. 


14. Serve hot!


No comments:

Post a Comment