13 March 2019

Holi 2019

Holi is a big festival back where I come from. It used to be my favorite when I was little. Preparations would begin a day ahead, filling out the balloons with colored water to throw on my younger brother the next day and then together we would throw them at everyone else. Fun times! 

Another aspect that we enjoyed were the large variety of snacks that came from my Nani. Snacks like Jeera Puri, Gujiya, Matar, Chakri, Poha Chevda to name a few. I would enjoy these with my morning milk sitting on the backyard steps with my pet Tiger. 

I wanted to replicate the Holi of my childhood for my daughter, Meher. So while she was napping this afternoon, I went ahead and made these goodies:




Farsi Puri

Sooji Mawa Gujiya

Bajra Vada

Jeera Sooji Puri

Poha Chevda 
Makai Chevda




 


Will be back with detailed recipes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment