1 July 2016

KULFI FALOODA



I made this dish on demand especially for one of our dear friends and it was a great hit! A little bit of prep and you can dish this up in no time. Just what I like to do when we have company. I would describe this as a dessert cocktail. With the base of falooda noodles, a layer of soaked basil seeds, topped with a creamy Malai Kulfi chunks. Drizzle some rose syrup, a little bit of the kulfi liquid and dress it up with some butter roasted nuts!

Serves: 4 people

Ingredients:

Malai Kulfi 4 (Recipe available on my blog)
Reserve some liquid mixture while making the kulfis
Falooda Sev, 100 gms
Rose Syrup or Roohafza, 4 tbsp
Basil Seeds, 4 tsp
Mixed Nuts toasted, 4 tbsp (I took almonds, cashews and pistachios)

Procedure:

1. Boil the falooda sev as per the instruction on the packet till all dente. Strain and rinse them under cool running water. I prepared this in advance so I kept them in the refrigerator dunked in cold water. 


2. Similarly, soak the basil seeds in water for 30 minutes and set aside. 


3. Assemble just before serving. Take a deep dish, I took the soup dish, works great for falooda. 


4. Make a base with the prepared falooda sev.


5. Add in the soaked basil seeds.



6. Place the kulfi in the center and slice it into 3 or 4 slices. 



7. Drizzle some rose syrup on the top.


8. Pour in some reserved kulfi liquid on top of this.


9. Sprinkle some toasted nuts on the top to add a final touch and the falooda kulfis are ready to be served!








No comments:

Post a Comment