17 September 2016

FETTUCCINE IN MUSHROOM SAUCE



So this is my attempt at emulating Fettuccine Ai Funghi by my favorite favorite restaurant in Seattle. So I thought of trying this dish at home. After a lot of internet search and going through a lot of recipes I have combined a few which I thought are more closely related to the taste of the Fettuccine I had. 

I replaced wild mushrooms with the king of mushrooms, Porcini. Since I couldn't lay my hands on the fresh variety I have used the dried version here. But I recommend you use the fresh ones, if available. 

I am not big on creamy pastas smothered with cheese. This dish tickles my taste buds with the rich nutty flavor of Porcini Mushrooms coated in cream and topped with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Make it on one of your cheat days. Yumm...

This recipe serves 4.

Ingredients:


Porcini or Wild Mushrooms Dried, 8 oz
Boiling water, 1 cup
Heavy Whipping Cream, 5 oz
Salt to taste
Black Pepper, 1 tsp
Fresh Chives, half a handful
Parmigiano- Reggiano Cheese, shaved 1 oz
Fettuccine, 1 pack 16 oz

Procedure:


1. Take porcini mushrooms in a bowl.

2. Add boiling water and cover and set aside for 30 minutes.

3. After 30 minutes, sieve the mushrooms. Reserve the liquid.

4. The porcini will have softened and we will now chop it finely.

5. You can simultaneously, cook the pasta till al dente using water, olive oil and salt. I have used fettuccine as it combines well with thick creamy sauces.

6. Reserve some of the pasta water and drain the rest.

5. Next heat a pan and add the whipping cream.

6. Whisking the cream continuously to avoid burning or sticking, bring it to a boil.

7. Once it comes to a boil add in the chopped mushrooms.

8. Season with salt and peppers.

9. Add in the mushroom water and mix well. 

10. Next add the fettuccine.

11. At this point we will also add in the pasta water and combine everything well.

12. Give it about 5 minutes on low flame and turn gently in between.

13. Garnish with fresh chives and shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.

14. Enjoy hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment