5 January 2017

MINI LASAGNE CUPCAKES





I tried Mini Lasagne Cupcakes at my 2016 Christmas Party and it was a great hit! The beauty of this dish is that you can fill in the cupcakes and keep them ready. Pop them in the over just before they are about to arrive and they take just about 12-15 minutes. Its quite filling too. 

Appetizers are a highlight at my parties. And I enjoy making cute little finger food items. Try this at your next party and I assure you they will be raving about this for the remainder of the year.

Ingredients:


Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
Garlic, 1 tbsp
Basil Leaves, handful
Mix Veggies, 1.5 cup cubed (I used Japanese Eggplant, carrots, Mixed Peppers, Onions, Broccoli, Zucchini & Mushrooms)
Italian Herbs, 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Black Pepper, 1/2 tsp
Tomato Sauce, 1 cup (I used Hunt's)
Wonton Wrappers, as needed (Easily available at all Asian Stores)
Ricotta Cheese, as needed
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, as needed
Olive Oil Spray

Procedure:


1. Heat olive oil in a pan. 


2. Add garlic and saute till brown. Tear and add the basil leaves. 


3. Add the vegetables. I have listed the ones I used but you can take your own pick.


4. Sprinkle italian herbs, pepper and salt to the vegetables. Cook till the vegetables are soft but not mushy. Mine took about 15 minutes. 


5. Add the tomato sauce and mix. 


6. Cook for another 10-12 minutes. The mixture should be thick. Set aside to cool. 


7. I made this as appetizers and used a mini cupcake tray. Spray the tray with olive oil. 


8. Line the tray with wonton wrappers. 


9. Stuff them with the prepared vegetable mixture. I also used a spoon to push the mixture down.


10. Top the cupcakes with some Ricotta Cheese. Add another layer of the wonton and repeat the stuffing with vegetable step and then top with Cheese. For the top layer I used Fresh Mozzarella Cheese. 


11. Pop them in the over just before you're about to serve and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes. 


12. Enjoy hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment